Friday, April 2, 2010

Snack Ideas

Someone has aksed me to give ideas for healthier snacks; these are some of my favorites...
*Air popped popcorn (after a while you won't even be able to eat the microwave stuff anymore)
*Chips and Salsa (preferably fresh or homemade salsa)
*Edamame (these can take the place of potatoe chips - they are usually in the frozen food section - you can even find them at walmart!)
*Homemade granola - I'll send out the recipe
*Fruit leather -also known as smooshed fruit. You can buy a huge box of organic fruit strips at Costco. So good. Or make your own fruit leather.
*Homemade bread
*Smoothies
*Apples and PB, or cashew cream (recipe to come)
*Almonds, pecans
Write in your own ideas!
And I have a wheat grinder. If you want to try some recipes with whole wheat, bring it over and I'll grind it for you.

1 comment:

Vi Lundgren said...

One of my favorite snacks is celery stuffed with peanut butter (or almond butter). I also like lettuce roll-ups (stuff and roll with almond butter). Even my grandkids will eat those and they are super picky! They actually love them!